Translate

About Me

Winter Hill ,Horwich, UK
About Me Jake ,I am 11 years old and have Autism. This Blog is about what I can do not what I cannot,sometimes people think I cannot because I have autism ,this blog is about challenging that!I have lots of special interests, in particular running, exploring and this blog shows a small amount of what I get up to! Please be careful as some of activities I do may look easy are not , I know Winter Hill very well I can get off safely and know what to do when the weather closes in ,to keep myself safe I use high performance clothing and footwear,waterproof/ breathable/reflective/thermal layers. in layers so I keep warm and dry , I take my safety seriously and I always take care when out exploring. My dad is very experienced on the fells he is teaching me how to keep safe.I can use a map and compass, the hills can be windy , very cold, be wet , misty and boggy. STAY SAFE! check out under my link's for advice on safety from Bowland and Pennine Mountain rescue. Try my Winter Hill Challenge http://jakeofwinterhill.blogspot.com/2011/02/10-or-14-peak-courses-on-winter-hill-by.html

Sunday 24 October 2010

solway air museum at carlisle airport , visit to Avro Vulcan B.2 XJ823


this is a  ejector seat 



Blue Streak Exhibit about the testing of the Blue Streak rocket program. -see link at http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafspadeadam/gallery/historyinpictures.cfm

more link's below

a rocket sign DANGER KEEP OUT  from RAF spadeadam see links below


the vulcan 

me going to the vulcan 


I am a radar  operator 
I wonder what this does !


I am in the pilot's  seat ( guess what I am looking for ?)

I am looking for the bomb button , found it !

video from the 3 seats below the two pilots seats - 5 people helped fly this aircraft


English Electric Canberra T4 WE188 pilots seat 


British Aerospace Nimrod AEW3 XV259 prototype Cockpit this never flew ! -my mum knows all about this !


useful links -museum is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
.
link to museum 
Blue streak rocket pictures 
interesting RAF base !

pictures of Vulcan from above 
history of Vulcan 
pictures of Vulcan  XJ823 flying and  landing

Carlisle airport background  
Carlisle airport site  
Eddie stobart group -link to airport 

background to eddie stobart 





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! I'm jealous haha! Did you know your Aunty Hazel likes planes? That looks like loads of fun :D

    ReplyDelete