Translate

About Me

Winter Hill ,Horwich, UK
About Me Jake ,I am 11 years old and have Autism. This Blog is about what I can do not what I cannot,sometimes people think I cannot because I have autism ,this blog is about challenging that!I have lots of special interests, in particular running, exploring and this blog shows a small amount of what I get up to! Please be careful as some of activities I do may look easy are not , I know Winter Hill very well I can get off safely and know what to do when the weather closes in ,to keep myself safe I use high performance clothing and footwear,waterproof/ breathable/reflective/thermal layers. in layers so I keep warm and dry , I take my safety seriously and I always take care when out exploring. My dad is very experienced on the fells he is teaching me how to keep safe.I can use a map and compass, the hills can be windy , very cold, be wet , misty and boggy. STAY SAFE! check out under my link's for advice on safety from Bowland and Pennine Mountain rescue. Try my Winter Hill Challenge http://jakeofwinterhill.blogspot.com/2011/02/10-or-14-peak-courses-on-winter-hill-by.html

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Czech Republic to Germany and Back again light snow -9c feel factor -15c


 setting off it was -9 but the wind chill was low at -15, Leo's cover had frozen straight away , the cover had gone brittle ,

 fresh snow with more due great !

 buried in  snow the play ground , spielplatz in German







 the wind chill in this exposed part had dropped to -20!
 I put up another hood to reduce the effect of the wind

 It began to snow the snow was very small flakes  !







 It was better in the forest !
 one of the snow drifts , it was frozen so easy to walk on !















 all the trees were covered in snow !
 It was very beautiful



 Leo has 5 layers on him , we have spare clothing on us, a map , I have a compass, a whistle  a strobe light  just in case ,
 Evie carries a whistle and strobe light




 on our way towards German Czech border




 The Border with Germany, Pozor means beware !


 standing between the Czech Republic and Germany


 signs in Czech  and German


 http://www.czech.cz/en/Home-en
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://famouswonders.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/czech-republic-flag.png&imgrefurl=http://famouswonders.com/flag-of-czech-republic/&h=183&w=275&sz=1&tbnid=uYcPpQyr175sNM:&tbnh=151&tbnw=227&zoom=1&usg=__bCgz7906ojktQcp6Whi5ZYzDv30=&docid=KlFpX3JI83nDPM&itg=1&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XjdAUYr-Ce3A7Aa98YDgBA&sqi=2&ved=0CLUBEPwdMA4


 In Germany !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany
https://www.deutschland.de/en









 The trees were beautiful!
 Evie Practising climbing snow drifts,
 you can see the fresh snow !

 one of the circular pattern  trees !
 a snow covered tree!



 my dad showed us which trees were best to survive a night out under and also from a blizzard



 you can see the cross country ski tracks also the push chair








 the hi viz jacket has a high viz marking which appears to flash when you move your arms ,
 learning how to cross snow drifts



 It was snowing now only the recent tracks you can see , the three wheeler tracks are distinct
 the Czech and German Border , this was east Germany so the border was not as protected as the East West divide from the last war ,

 the no man land , Me , mum and Evie on the German Side, Dad and Leo inbetween CZ and DE
 German Czech border

 in CZ,






























 can you see the Skier ?

 we had some biscuits the jam had frozen in them! so they were hard but still tasted nice !

 this highlights the snow !




























great walk , tiring as it was 7 km for Evie 

No comments:

Post a Comment